Raymond J. Baxter
I invite you to read about how Kaiser Permanente is working to improve the environment, and to make the link between the health of our members, our communities and our planet.
Kaiser Permanente’s environmental roots can be traced to the beginning of the modern environmental movement. In 1963, the author and environmental crusader Rachel Carson spoke to Kaiser Permanente doctors at San Francisco Medical Center in one of her last speeches. Carson, author of ... more »
Learn more about other organizations that are working to ‘green’ health care ... more »
- Kaiser Permanente to Pursue Minimum of LEED Gold for all New Major Projects | 5/22/13
As part of its ongoing commitment to create healthy communities, Kaiser Permanente today announced it will seek Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification for new construction of hospitals, large medical offices and other major projects.
- Doctors to Showcase Healthy Eating and Gardening Activities for Kids at ‘Cooking for Solutions’ | 5/16/13
This weekend, two Kaiser Permanente doctors will demonstrate fun ways to get families engaged in healthy eating at Cooking for Solutions, an annual event celebrating food, cooking and sustainability held at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, Calif.
- Kaiser Permanente Wins National Environmental Awards | 4/25/13
Kaiser Permanente has received a record 29 environmental excellence awards this year from Practice Greenhealth, the national membership organization for hospitals and health systems committed to environmentally responsible operations and care.
Find a KP Farmers Market
Fact Sheets (pdfs)
- The Oregonian: Kaiser Permanente Says its New Hillsboro Hospital is a Model for Future Facilities, Touts LEED Gold Certification | 5/22/13
- FierceEnergy: UC San Diego 'Grand Champion' of Energy Efficiency | 5/15/13
Learn more »
- GreenBiz.com: Kaiser Permanente, Metro Health Bet Big on Sustainability | 5/10/13
- More Green News »