May 17, 2010
Kaiser Permanente Wins Awards for Commitment to Environmental Health
Practice Greenhealth Recognition Highlights Organization’s Green Efforts
OAKLAND Calif. — Kaiser Permanente facilities and regions across the country received 18 awards in recognition of efforts to reduce waste and prevent pollution. Kaiser Permanente received the awards Wed., May 12 from Practice Greenhealth at CleanMed 2010 a global conference for environmental leaders in health care.
Practice Greenhealth is a landmark initiative formed to improve the environmental performance of the health care industry.
The awards include:
- Partner for Change with Distinction Award
- Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Fresno Medical Center (Calif.)
- Partner for Change Award
- Kaiser Permanente Antioch Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Fremont Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Hayward Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Health Plan of Ohio
- Kaiser Permanente Kern County — Bakersfield Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States
- Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Sunnyside Medical Center (Oregon)
- Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center (Calif.)
- Making Medicine Mercury-Free Award
- Kaiser Permanente Manteca Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Modesto Medical Center (Calif.)
- Partner Recognition Award
- Kaiser Permanente Walnut CreekMedical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Anaheim Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente Panorama City Medical Center (Calif.)
- Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center (Calif.)
For more information about Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to sustainability and community health, go to www.kp.org/green.
About Practice GreenHealth
Practice Greenhealth is the result of the merger of two leading organizations — Hospitals for a Healthy Environment (H2E) and the Green Guide for Health Care (GGHC) — with a new clean energy and energy efficiency program — Healthcare Clean Energy Exchange (HCEE). For more information on Practice Greenhealth, healthy initiatives, current trends, news and views, and other links to earth-friendly organizations, visit www.practicegreenhealth.org.
About Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. We are recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We currently serve 8.6 million members in nine states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health. For more information, go to: www.kp.org/newscenter.