Press Releases: National
February 18, 2011
Kaiser Permanente Recognized as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion
Company is one of only 40 to receive this distinction in the U.S.
OAKLAND, Calif. — Kaiser Permanente’s National Pharmacy Programs and Services was recognized at the J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Roundtable in Las Vegas as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion — one of only 40 companies to have earned the distinction this year.
To qualify for inclusion on this elite list, companies must not only excel within their own industries, but also must stand out among leading brands in 20 major industries evaluated by J.D. Power. Among the five key customer “touch points” measured, including people, presentation, process, product and price, Kaiser Permanente was noted for standing out in product and price among the group.
To identify the J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champions, J.D. Power evaluated more than 800 brands. Companies were identified based on customer feedback, opinions and perceptions gathered primarily from J.D. Power’s syndicated research as well as additional, supplemental research. This group of 40 represents the highest-performing companies that deliver service excellence to U.S. customers — both within their respective industries and across all industries measured.
J.D. Power and Associates Accolades
- Kaiser Permanente Recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Mail-Order Pharmacies in 2011 for Third Consecutive Year
- Kaiser Permanente Ranks Highest in 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Employer Satisfaction Study
- Kaiser Permanente Receives High Marks in 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Study for Member Satisfaction in 2011
- Kaiser Permanente Recognized as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion for Pharmacy
- J.D. Power and Associates Once Again Ranks Kaiser Permanente Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Mail-Order Pharmacies in 2010
- Kaiser Permanente Receives High Marks in 2010 J.D. Power and Associates Study
- Kaiser Permanente Recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Mail-Order Pharmacies in 2009
- Kaiser Permanente Receives Top Marks in 2009 J.D. Power and Associates Study
According to David Kvancz, vice president, National Pharmacy Programs and Services, for Kaiser Permanente, “We are honored to receive this distinction and be included in this elite group of companies that focus on customer service excellence. We have always believed that customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate this external recognition of our efforts.”
This is the third such recognition from J.D. Power and Associates for the Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Program within the past two years. In 2009 and 2010, the Pharmacy Program ranked highest in the mail-order segment for customer satisfaction in J.D. Power’s U.S. National Pharmacy Study.
About Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. We are recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We currently serve 8.7 million members in nine states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health. For more information, go to: www.kp.org/newscenter.