Press Releases: National
September 27, 2012
Kaiser Permanente Recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Mail-Order Pharmacies for Fourth Consecutive Year
OAKLAND, Calif. — For the fourth consecutive year, Kaiser Permanente’s mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 National Pharmacy StudySM.
The J.D. Power study measures customer satisfaction with pharmacies based on responses from more than 12,700 customers who filled a new prescription or refilled a current prescription in the three months prior to the survey period. The study ranked organizations across five factors: overall experience, prescription ordering process, prescription delivery, customer service and cost competitiveness.
J.D. Power and Associates Accolades
- Kaiser Permanente Ranks Highest in 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Employer Satisfaction Study for Second Year in a Row
- Kaiser Permanente Ranks Highest in J.D. Power and Associates Member Satisfaction Study
- Kaiser Permanente Recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Mail-Order Pharmacies in 2011 for Third Consecutive Year
- Kaiser Permanente Ranks Highest in 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Employer Satisfaction Study
- Kaiser Permanente Receives High Marks in 2011 J.D. Power and Associates Study for Member Satisfaction in 2011
- Kaiser Permanente Recognized as a J.D. Power 2011 Customer Service Champion for Pharmacy
- J.D. Power and Associates Once Again Ranks Kaiser Permanente Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Mail-Order Pharmacies in 2010
- Kaiser Permanente Receives High Marks in 2010 J.D. Power and Associates Study
- Kaiser Permanente Recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Mail-Order Pharmacies in 2009
- Kaiser Permanente Receives Top Marks in 2009 J.D. Power and Associates Study
“It is a considerable achievement to uphold a level of excellence in customer service for four years in a row, and it is one that we are especially proud of as it is based on feedback from our customers,” said David Kvancz, vice president, National Pharmacy Programs and Services, Kaiser Permanente. “We are proud of our commitment as an organization to serve our members with quality, affordable care and timely access to health care, and this award is another recognition of our focus on satisfying our customers.”
Kaiser Permanente’s mail-order pharmacy provides its members easy and convenient options to manage their prescriptions. Members even have the ability to refill prescriptions on-the-go from anywhere through the Kaiser Permanente app on a mobile device. The mobile app takes members to the My Health Manager feature on kp.org. Powered by Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect®, one of the most advanced electronic health records in the world, My Health Manager empowers 4 million members to engage their care teams and become actively involved in their health care.
Mail-order refills through My Health Manager continues to grow in popularity. In 2011, members refilled almost 10 million prescriptions online — a 19 percent jump from 2010. Members can always choose to speak to a live person by calling the mail-order pharmacy, or they can place orders using the organization’s 24-hour EasyFill refill phone system.
About J.D. Power and Associates
Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company providing forecasting, performance improvement, social media and customer satisfaction insights and solutions. The company’s quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
About Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente is committed to helping shape the future of health care. We are recognized as one of America’s leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, our mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve. We currently serve more than 9 million members in nine states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the-art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management. Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to care innovations, clinical research, health education and the support of community health. For more information, go to: www.kp.org/newscenter.