Congratulations! You have decided to become a nurse or to advance your career in nursing, and you are ready to get started. But how do you get started? What should you do first, who should you talk to, and what classes do you need?
To help you answer these questions, we have developed a seven-step process called "How to Get Started." Each step is designed to give you information that will move you forward and closer to your goal of becoming a nurse.
You may find that you can skip certain steps because you have already completed them. In all instances, keep in touch with the counseling or nursing department at your local college. They can provide you with additional help and assistance to aid you along the way.
Good luck in your journey toward a worthwhile and rewarding career in nursing! We wish you much success!
How to Get Started
- Step One: Making Your Career Plans
- Step Two: Choosing a Nursing Program
- Step Three: Making a Counseling Appointment
- Step Four: Getting Started on Prerequisites
- Step Five: Applying to a Nursing Program
- Step Six: Funding your Education
- Step Seven: Balancing Life and School