Compliance and ethics mean doing things right - following all laws, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures. Compliance and ethics help Kaiser Permanente foster an environment of trust and safety for our members and patients, employees, physicians, business partners, and the communities we serve.
Everyone who works with Kaiser Permanente is accountable for helping to ensure we are compliant and ethical and for speaking up when something isn't right.
If you have a compliance concern, or think that a compliance or ethics standard has been violated, contact the Kaiser Permanente Compliance Hotline online or call 1-888-774-9100.
Trained operators respond to online submissions and answer calls to the Kaiser Permanente Compliance Hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can remain anonymous or reveal your identity – it’s up to you. When reporting a potential compliance issue, be prepared to provide detailed information. Without enough information it may not be possible to properly investigate the issue.
Examples of compliance issues include:
- perpetrating theft, fraud, waste, and abuse
- violating health, safety, and environmental regulations
- reporting conflicts of interest
- accepting inappropriate gifts and gratuities
- using Kaiser Permanente property and systems improperly
- falsifying documents
- submitting inaccurate or incomplete documentation and coding
- ignoring regulatory requirements
- disclosing confidential information
If you have a general question about compliance at Kaiser Permanente or your obligations as a supplier, please contact us.
Suspect Fraud, Waste, or Abuse?
Contact the Compliance Hotline